★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★
★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★ ★ PAGE AFTER PAGE AFTER PAGE... ★
★ Birthday Countdown
Loading...

8.15.2026

Porch light

 I’ve been thinking about the concept of “I’ll be here when you want to come back”. In terms of a lot of relationships. Parents and kids. Friends. And even relationships. We all have that one person who settled in our heart and we will always leave the porch light on for them when they leave, no matter how many years have passed. I saw a video of a dad holding a sparkler as his daughter drives away in her wedding car with her husband, just holding it up until she is finally out of view. He wanted his little girl to know that no matter what, the porch light is always on for her.

I have people like that in my life too. Not everyone but there are certain people who will be welcomed with open arms if they ever reappeared in my life. I think we people don’t leave enough room like that anymore. It’s all about me me me and I don’t owe anyone anything, instead of acknowledging that maybe that person is worthy of being back on your porch again. Even if that welcome isn’t warm, isn’t kind, isn’t magical like the movies, it’s still a welcome. As insane as this sounds even Anna who did me wrong has a little bit of a chance to end up on my porch. Of course not fully, not without a long hard conversation before she even passes the threshold but she still has a chance to just stand there. I think I’ve spent enough time being angry to admit that she had left a mark. A mark deep enough where the porch light is on but I don’t expect her to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment